This highly stylized Folk Victorian cottage was built for John Henry Almand (4 January 1846-29 July 1918) in the year of Rockdale County’s creation and the designation of Conyers as its county seat. John Henry Almand was the treasurer of the first county board of education, a county commissioner, and a founder of the Bank of Rockdale. His cousin, and the builder of the house, John Floyd Almand, lived here for several years, after John Henry Almand moved to another house “closer to town”. Thomas Dean O’ Kelley purchased the home in 1884, and his descendants, the Walkers, lived here until 1992.
National Register of Historic Places