This landmark general store is thought to have been built in the early 1900s. It served the community around Dennis Station, which appears on maps as Dennis. Dennis Station undoubtedly references the railroad presence here.
A post office known as Dennis was open from 1853-1866 and 1923-1936. Another Georgia community known as Dennis, in Murray County, had a post office from 1882-1906.