Tag Archives: © Brian Brown/Vanishing Media

Central of Georgia Depot, 1926, Reynolds

reynolds-ga-central-of-georgia-depot-photogrpah-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

In 2002, this depot was renovated by architects Tribble & Richardson for use as a library. Much of the original appearance and material was retained.

Knight’s Pharmacy, Reynolds

knights-pharmacy-reynolds-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Knight’s is a real rarity these days, an independent pharmacy in a very small town that is a center of life in the community. They also have a coffee shop and selection of hand-dipped ice cream.

 

Colonial Revival House, Reynolds

reynolds-ga-colonial-revival-house-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Ferdinand A. Ricks House, 1905, Reynolds

reynolds-ga-ferdinand-ricks-house-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Though built in 1905, the home of Ferdinand and Frances Ricks was completely renovated in the Georgian style by prominent Atlanta architect Charles E. Choate in the 1920s. Mr. Ricks was a partner in the family business, Ricks Brothers, which owned a general store, seed house, cotton gin, and guano enterprise.

National Register of Historic Places

Agricultural Warehouse, Reynolds

reynolds-ga-agricultural-warehouse-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

This was recently used as the Steel Horse Music Hall & Barbecue, a performance space/restaurant. It was obviously a warehouse in its first incarnation; it sits beside the railroad line.

steelhorse-music-hall-barbeque-reynolds-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

 

Historic Storefronts, Sasser

sasser-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Thriving shops  and antique stores prove that Sasser has done a great job revitalizing its small downtown area.

sasser-ga-historic-downtown-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Town Hall, Sasser

sasser-ga-town-hall-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

Sasser was founded in 1890 by C. W. Varner and named in honor of J. Abraham Sasser.

Sasser United Methodist Church, 1914, Terrell County

historic-sasser-united-methodist-church-terrell-county-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012