Tag Archives: Eastman GA

William Pitt Eastman House, 1872, Eastman

eastman ga william pitt eastman house photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

Founder in 1868 of the Georgia Land and Lumber Company, William Pitt Eastman settled the town bearing his name in 1870. He was also instrumental in the founding of Dodge County. He built this Italianate Victorian, designed by J. H. Russell (who also built Dodge County’s first courthouse) in 1872 and his daughter sold it to Judge James Bishop, Sr., in 1896. James Bishop and Cary Bullock inherited it in 1926. It now serves as headquarters of the Dodge Historical Society.

National Register of Historic Places

2 Comments

Filed under --DODGE COUNTY GA--, Eastman GA