Tag Archives: St. Marys GA

General Store, St. Marys

Though the architecture of this structure would suggest it was a general store, it is possible that it has served another purpose at some point. I hope to identify it soon.

2 Comments

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Christ Episcopal Church, 1885, St. Marys

The first Episcopal Church in St. Marys was built on this site prior to 1812. The present structure was built circa 1885, while the Reverend Anson Green Phelps, Jr., of Christ Church, Frederica, was serving as the priest.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Sterlings Grocery, 1896, St. Marys

D. C. Sterling built this grocery store and residence in 1896, after originally operating a location across the street.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Rudulph-Riggins House, 1911, St. Marys

This eclectic Neoclassical Revival was built by local contractor L. P. Frohock for Howard Rudulph.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Miller-Arnow House, Circa 1900, St. Marys

Built for James M. Miller, this Folk Victorian is now home to The Golden Pineapple antiques and gift store.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Bloodworth House, Circa 1870, St. Marys

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Tompkins-Long House, 1873, St. Marys

This landmark is presently being restored. It is sometimes identified as the Davis-Tompkins-Long House.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Folk Victorian Cottage, 1905, St. Marys

This home was originally a more typical Queen Anne cottage but has been slightly modified over time to its present Folk Victorian appearance.

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Captain Robinson House, 1918, St. Marys

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA

Stone-Bunkley-Guy House, 1880s, St. Marys

St. Marys Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --CAMDEN COUNTY GA--, St. Marys GA