Chartered in 1896, the Hawkinsville & Florida Southern first ran from Hawkinsville to Worth, about three miles from Ashburn. They also operated a 15-mile branch line from Davisville to Fitzgerald. In 1907 the railroad was leased to The Gulf Line Railway and the two lines merged in 1909, retaining their names. The H&FS was bankrupt by 1922 and its tracks abandoned in 1923. It was an important presence in Pineview in its heyday. Due to the fact that the railroads retained their own names (Gulf Line and Hawkinsville & Florida Southern) this caboose is a commemoration and not an actual relic.