In 2002, this depot was renovated by architects Tribble & Richardson for use as a library. Much of the original appearance and material was retained.
Knight’s is a real rarity these days, an independent pharmacy in a very small town that is a center of life in the community. They also have a coffee shop and selection of hand-dipped ice cream.
Though built in 1905, the home of Ferdinand and Frances Ricks was completely renovated in the Georgian style by prominent Atlanta architect Charles E. Choate in the 1920s. Mr. Ricks was a partner in the family business, Ricks Brothers, which owned a general store, seed house, cotton gin, and guano enterprise.
National Register of Historic Places
This was recently used as the Steel Horse Music Hall & Barbecue, a performance space/restaurant. It was obviously a warehouse in its first incarnation; it sits beside the railroad line.