American Foursquare House, 1914, Smarr
Leave a reply
This scallop fans on the eaves of this house were likely made be a local carpenter.
This building originally served as J. W. Ham General Merchandise, built in 1904.
Smarr, which was settled in 1838, is an acronym for the Savannah, Macon & Atlanta Railroad.
Mt. Zion was organized around 1840 about a mile south of Smarr. The present church was built in 1907.