Category Archives: Dawson GA

Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit, 1960, Dawson

This congregation was organized in 1957 and services were held in the Dawson Woman’s Clubhouse until the church was completed in 1960. It was designed by Edward Vason Jones, a prominent architect of his day.

Howard’s Grocery, Dawson

This was a grocery and residence.

 

Pure Oil Station, Circa 1920, Dawson

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Warehouse, Dawson

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Salter’s Veterinary Hospital, Dawson

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Mason’s Jewelry Mural, Dawson

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Boyd House, Dawson

This large Queen Anne has only been abandoned and its yard overgrown for a few years.

It was once a home and to see it in this condition is disheartening.

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Place

Lowery-Chapman-Ober-Reynolds House, 1890s, Dawson

Dawson Historic District National Register of Historic Places

 

Miller-Wall-Stowbridge House, 1869, Dawson

This home was built by Joel S. Miller between 1867-1869. Steve & Maria Stowbridge have been restoring it since purchasing it in 1995.

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Shingle Style House, Dawson

Dawson Historic District, National Register of Historic Places