Dry Pond Methodist traces its origins to the early 1820s and the property where the church now stands was given to the early Methodist Episcopal congregants by Joseph McCutchins in 1827. Typical of many congregations Dry Pond built their first church of logs while maintaining a large campground at the site. A more substantial structure was built circa 1870 and served until the construction of the present church was completed in 1904.
Dry Pond United Methodist Church, 1904, Jackson County
Leave a reply