In 1880, J. M. Brooks, Mrs. Isabella Brooks, and R. S. Bowden gave two acres of land adjacent to Cain Creek for the purpose of “divine worship” by all denominations in the community. It was to be known as Union Hill. Services were held in a brush arbor here until 1883, when the Baptists dispersed to their own congregations, leaving the Methodists to build this church.
This historic congregation was established in 1869.
This is located on the Hudson farm.