Mt. Pleasant Christian Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1891, but the names of the organizers are unknown with the exception of the first Pastor who was a Reverend Home. Early services were held in an arbor and a simple church building was constructed soon thereafter. In 1910, during the pastorate of J. H. Davis, the present church was erected. It’s one of the oldest African-American congregations in Adel.
Mount Pleasant C.M.E. Church, 1910, Adel
Leave a reply