The old Berrien County Jail was designed by the Pauly Jail Building & Manufacturing Company of St. Louis and built by J. J. Carr & Company of Atlanta. It served the county until 1955, when a new facility was constructed. As a Bicentennial Project in 1976, members of the Berrien County Future Farmers of America renovated the old jail, which had fallen into disrepair. For many years after this restoration, however, the jail was rarely used; it has most recently served as the headquarters for the local chamber of commerce.
National Register of Historic Places