The Elberton Air Line was opened in December 1878 with the assistance of the Atlanta & Charlotte Air-Line Railway. This soon merged with the Southern Railway and this depot served the line until the middle of the 20th century. According to the National Register nomination form, the depot was constructed in 1877. Siding has obviously been added.
Martin Historic District, National Register of Historic Places