
Howard Smothers writes: “This church was built by cousins Zack Daniel and John Dowdell. They built this church after the other church they attended, Old Shady Grove, was burnt down. There is an old cemetery located on the property, too.“

The present structure was dedicated in October 1945 by Rev. D. A. Greene, who was pastor at the time. It’s located between Americus and Andersonville.

This church was built by cousins Zack Daniel and John Dowdell. They built this church after the other church they attended, Old Shady Grove, was burnt down. There is an old cemetery located on the property, too.
This is a very nice church ________________________________