This grand Victorian was built by Simeon Brinson (1847-1918), founder of the town that bears his name. In the 1870s, Simeon bought large tracts of land in the area and surveyed the area for a town in 1889, after the coming of the railroad. He served as a postmaster in the town’s early days and after it was incorporated in 1907 was its first mayor. The family owned the only bank in the town, as well as a cotton warehouse.
Brinson Family Historic District, National Register of Historic Places