Rockwell Universalist Church was established in 1839 as the First Universalist Church of Jackson County, in what was then known as the Mulberry Community in Jackson County (present-day Barrow). They never boasted a large membership and nearly disbanded during the Civil War but reorganization in 1867 firmly established the congregation, which survives to this day. When the present structure was built in 1881 the congregation renamed itself Mulberry Church. In the 1920s, a final name change was made, honoring the Rockwell School & Masonic Hall (located across the road and no longer extant) which had served as home to the congregation during the 19th century.
National Register of Historic Places