When Colonel William Wynn built this stately mansion, it was called Oakview. Colonel Wynn, for whom the Wynnton area of Columbus is named, was an early settler of the Lower Chattahoochee Valley. Henry Hurt bought the house in 1852 but never lived in it, selling it to Hines Holt in 1855. Holt was a prominent attorney, as well as a member of t he U. S. House of Representatives.
In 1905, Tom Cooper purchased the house and moved it closer to Wynnton Road so the property could be subdivided for other development. In 1932 the S. C. Butler family bought and completely restored the house. The Christian Fellowship Association moved into this landmark in 1958. Today it’s operated as a membership-oriented event and entertainment space.
National Register of Historic Places