Marietta architects Eugene Boswell and Richard Nash (firm of Boswell & Nash) designed the Pickens County Courthouse in the Stripped Classical style, using local marble siding. It was built to replace the 1888 courthouse, located on the same lot, which burned in 1947. Samuel Tate, owner of the Georgia Marble Company, sold the marble to the county at cost and lent his principal marble designer, J. B. Hill, to oversee the installation of the veneers.
National Register of Historic Places