This Renaissance Revival Mediterranean-influenced “cottage” was built in 1917 for plumbing magnate Richard Teller Crane, Jr., (7 November 1873-7 November 1931). David Adler and Henry C. Dangler were the architects. Dangler died in 1917 and the house wasn’t completed and occupied until early 1919.
It was the largest and most elaborate home ever built on Jekyll Island.
It contained 30 rooms and 17 bathrooms , the pinnacle of modernity at the time.
The grounds and sunken garden are among the most beautifully landscaped public areas on the Georgia coast.
Jekyll Island Historic District, National Register of Historic Places + National Historic Landmark