Ousley Baptist Church was established in 1850 but didn’t construct their first permanent home until 1874. It was replaced by this structure, which has been in continual use since 1881 . It is one of the landmark churches of Lowndes County.
This congregation was established in 1870. Services were first held in a log cabin which also served as a schoolhouse. Riley R. Fender, a Confederate veteran, was the first member. Private Fender was blinded during the war but served the congregation as Sunday School superintendent for 40 years. Around 1872, the first church building was constructed on land donated by Asa Rooks. The present structure was built in the early 1900s.