Tag Archives: Churches of Madison County GA

Union Primitive Baptist Church, 1896, Madison County

One survey states that this church building dates to 1896, but the congregation may be older.

There is a very large cemetery adjacent to the church. A modern structure across the highway now serves the congregation.

Mount Hermon Presbyterian Church, 1912, Ila

Reverend J. S. Smith was the pastor at the time this church was built. C. D. Griffin was the architect and builder.