In an era of agricultural boosterism, Grady County declared itself the “Original Diversified Farming County of the Southeast” in 1906. The courthouse was designed by Alexander Blair and built by the J. B. Carr Company. Designed by Jinright, Ryan & Lynn Architects and completed in 1985, to replace the previous courthouse, which burned in 1980.
Cairo Commercial Historic District, National Register of Historic Places
Cairo is a great little town!