This is a great example of a “shotgun” store, the most common vernacular store form of 19th and early-20th-century Georgia. It was also a common form for small town offices and warehouses, but a resource survey identifies this as a general store, circa 1900. It’s been well-maintained.
This expanded gable front form is often referred to as a “double shotgun”. It’s an increasingly rare form today.
This historic Christian Methodist Episcopal congregation likely dates to the late 19th century. An architectural survey dates the church building to circa 1915. A cemetery is also located on the property.
Down a short lane from the chapel stands this one-room schoolhouse, typical of church-associated African-American communities in Georgia from the late-19th to the mid-20th century. This structure probably dates from 1910-1930.
There is also a tobacco barn and a small shed on this historic farm property.
This once-common form has become quite rare today. The house is divided into two residences by a wall through the middle.